Friday, September 16, 2011

So much work...

My goodness! I am totally worn out! We have had so much work to get done before leaving late this Saturday night to pick up Dan.

Yesterday, I started on the trailer lights. I had 6 of the 14 working right from the start. Those are not good odds! Two were quick fixes, another needed a new bulb, the other 5 had me stumped. Granted they are running lights along the top of the sides and are not totally necessary but I don't want to make the drive, half of which will be in the dark with out everything in ship shape order.

As I was working on the lights, I climbed up into the sleeping compartment to find the carpet wet. No, no, no, bad, bad, bad! The roof was leaking at the seams. So I proceeded to finish the 5 lights, which all needed new grounding rivets (I prefer to call them ribbets and make froggy sounds but its not as much fun when working alone!).

I climbed on top of the trailer to remove the old sealant and sand the rust. I repainted and resealed. There are 2 junctions along the top of the living quarters and a skylight. I got both done and did the sky light. By that time, I was exhausted and my knees hurt. R climbed up with me to help finish the skylight and was kind enough to point out that there are not 2 but 4 junctions that needed to be done! ACK! My knees hurt, my neck hurt, by back hurt, my head hurt; I was done! What do you mean I have 2 more to go?! I'd been doing it for 4 hours!!!

Today, after therapy I came home to finish what I had started. However, I had a road block.... My knees are bruised. When I say bruised, I mean BRUISED.
Yeah, and I have a clotting disorder, so I DON'T bruise!!
So stressed after a bad day at therapy, still being sore, having a grumpy friend take his anger out on me, I couldn't do it. I lay down in the back of the truck, cried! I hosed out the trailer and put in fresh bedding. Then pulled the trailer to the house to sand the 2 junctions I forgot and primer them. I need to seal them tomorrow. I cleaned out the living quarters, which is really just where I store EVERYTHING and sleep if need be.

During my cleaning I discovered a few things... I have lost enough weight that my half chaps fit now! Yay! My hoof sealant leaked in my medi bag and now I need a new one. Boo! And finally, we have WAY too many blankets for Max and Bella. Where in the world am I going to store ever more blankets for Gunner and Dan?! By the way, his name won't be Dan, they call him Dancer but he is a 6 year old stallion and Dancer makes sound a little girly... So, he is Dan until we can figure out his name.

Anyhow, we got got everything done and while I was resting, I heard the telltale hiss of a leaking tire. NO!!! So close and yet so far! Stupid tire...

My plan for tomorrow is to get up early, seal the remaining junctions and be at the tire shop by 8. Possibly meet a friend for a soda and much needed mental health check, then come home, prepare all of mystuff (meds, ice pack, food, clothes) and sleep from 11AM until midnight. With my sleeping habits and excitement, I bet I'm awake until midnight!

Since we have 3 dogs and are trying to supervise Dozer and Rex - they play hard and sometimes too hard and one gets hurt - it has been decided that Dozer must come. Yes, spitty, farty bulldog on a 8 our (one way) trip just thrills me... Guess what?! I'm going to do what I have to do to save this horse!

I think I'll be ready, I hope I'll be ready, I'm sure I'll be ready. I pray for a quick safe trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1