Sunday, September 25, 2011

So many changes!

We have had a lot of changes in the past week.
We sold two of our goats; Lacey and P went to a good home in Fort Collins. We still have the two bucks and two doelings, which will probably go to the special breed auction next month. We are trying to decide if we want to keep that small barn for something or take it down and just be done. It is a hard decision since I love my goats. My neck just can't handle the strain of taking care of, breeding and milking. I am trying to adjust to the new me and it is hard.

Dan went to his new home today. It was sad to see him go, but he went to a great home. He was bought by a guy named Kelly Moore that trains stallions and competes in team roping and cutting. Since Dan was bred for those types of activities, he will be in his element. Kelly also has a breeding program, where Dan will be well used.

We spent most of yesterday afternoon/evening trying to take apart the wood splitter. The seals are leaking and need to be replace. It wasn't really a hard two person job but it was fun to hang out together and work together doing something simple! We got stuck a few times and had to phone a friend, but we finally got the part out and ready for me to take to town tomorrow.

We moved a 16x16 barn today with a trailer, ropes and pulleys. It was tough, but R did most of the work. Now the barn/shed is on the other side of the property and is a garden shed for all of our mowers and tools! That took most of the day. With Dan gone and the barn moved it looks a lot different out at our barns. The biggest difference can be seen in our garage, which is darn near empty!

I went to the hay auction on Saturday morning. Let me tell you! The price of hay has doubled in the last 6 months! I'm glad we got some a few months ago and filled the barn. It was ranging from $225-300 per ton, which is ridiculous! I am also glad we have one less horse and 2 fewer goats to feed!

To top off our weekend, we went to see Gunner at the trainer. I go at least 4 times a week, she must think I have separation anxiety, but I can't help it. He is my baby! She had a saddle and bridle on him today and had been working on ground driving! Yay! Progress! He is eating a ton, he is still small and ribby but his hay belly is HUGE! He has two more weeks then he comes home!

I think he looks smarter, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1