Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pink... Who in the world likes pink?!

I used to really really dislike pink... Really dislike. Then, I discovered that I kinda like it. 

I used to live my life to be what and who other people thought I should be. I tried to live up to their expectations of what they thought of me. I live on a ranch, shoot guns, ride horses, have dogs, breed goats, sew, cook, clean, patch drywall, build barns and work hard. Everyday I work hard. Not that the work is hard, I just apply myself to the work to do the best I can. And those types of women don't wear pink... or so I thought... 

Well, I am happy to say that I like pink! I am the proud owner of two pair of pink sandals, pink jewelry, pink tack for my mare and many pink shirts, which is how this new love affair started. I found a pink floral shirt 2 years ago and fell in love and my wardrobe slowly expanded. That being said, I also have two pink knives, one for utility type stuff and one for self defense. If they made my gun in pink, I would probably get that too! I found a cute pink collar for Shigom and she wears pink too!

So, to all those people out there that try to bend themselves to like or dislike based on what other people think you should do, I say STOP! Pink is cute, yes. But pink is also fun and uplifting and if you like something don't be afraid to wear it (unless it involves spandex)!

You can be a hard working, fun loving, country woman and wear pink without fear of ridicule (remember the knife?!)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1