Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hafley Reunion 2009 - better late than never!

We went to California last summer for the Hafley Family reunion. It was Grandma and Grandpa's 55th wedding anniversary and Grandpa's 80th birthday. Sherri had been planning the reunion for almost 2 years and I believe that only 2 grand kids didn't make it out.

We flew out for a long weekend and left all of the animals at home, stayed in a 5 star bed and breakfast and got to catch up with the family that we love. We stayed close to where we both grew up and visited many of the places that we saw on our honeymoon. It was nice to visit our old haunts after being married for 12 years - although we did not tempt another canoe ride.

Why am I posting this so late, you may ask - well here goes... I took almost 200 photos while we were there and loaded them onto the computer when we came home. Within two days, before I could even make a back up, a virus got to them and corrupted all of the photos. I have been researching for the last 8 months on how to recover them; no luck. Everyone, even the super computer geeks, have told me that they are gone. So last night while I was up with my cold I decided to try one last time. and Voila!

Sherri and Carl - What can I say? I have the best in-laws ever!

Grandma and Grandpa still committed after 55 years of marriage.



The whole Hafley gang. We are in the top left corner with Sherri and Carl. Jasmine is on Grandpa's lap and Riley is on the floor in front. Anthony was unable to come and Jason left early.
And a couple photos of the ocean.






Our little buddy we found on the beach one morning. So cute and soft looking, he took a bite out of my leather boots!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that you got so close to the seal! Glad you were able to go to the reunion and congrats to Grandma and Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1