Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Road trip!

I had a job in Walden last week and during one of the nicest days we have had yet this year, I was able to drive our zippy little work car over the mountains. It was my first time ever going over Cameron Pass, which as you can see, still has quite a bit of snow. I was surprised but it makes sense since it is so high!

I can say that I got a little turned around having the mountains on the east instead of the west!














There was a lot of evidence of pine beetles - instead of green the mountains are a dark purple color. The dark is from the green live trees and the purple is from the dead and dying trees. It is so sad to see so many trees dying from a small bug...















The folks in Walden sure are nice people. There isn't much to do in Walden, but I hope we can at least take a family road trip to Cameron Pass at some point. Days like that remind me of why we love Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1