Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another lesson? Really?!

As I sit here watching time go by, at home on 'no activity' restrictions from the doctor I pray for further understanding and enlightenment on life in general and the things we endure. I spend time watching TV, reading, surfing the net, walking the horses & dogs, feeding & watering animals, sleeping, attending appointments and all the while I find myself anxiously awaiting word of the next and hopefully final surgery. This journey of having a broken neck, having surgeries, therapies and essentially after 10 months needing one more surgery has left me feeling confused and discouraged. Why would my first fusion not fuse? Why would this drag out for 10 months, and I am not even done yet? In my heart I know we are almost done. One more surgery, some rods and clamps then on to recovery!

I have gotten blessings before each procedure and I know that this particular path is meant to teach a lesson. But what could that be? What can a broken neck possibly teach me that I could not learn any other way? I am having horseback riding withdrawals! I need to work! I want to be able to carry my end of this marriage partnership! We have goat kids due in two months and I need to prepare! Gunner needs work so I can start him this summer!

I received a blessing a few weeks ago that shed some light on the 'Why' of this journey. The take away message: there is a lesson to learn from all of this and through study and prayer, I will learn that lesson. May I just say 'duh', OK, got that out of my system... Hmmm, a lesson. I was given a few hints on where to start my studies, but still, hmmm. Did I not already know that there was a lesson in this experience?! Why could Heavenly Father not just tell me what the lesson is? Or provide a few more easy to understand hints along the way? I would like to request a maze leading me to the lesson - much like the ones found on the back of the kid's menu at Denny's.

Well, I am always up for a challenge! Hidden lesson and meaning to this experience? Okie-dokie. Study and pray to find the answer? No problemo. When I figure it all out, if it is appropriate, I will share it with you. In the mean time, I would like to leave you with a few of my favorite websites:
Tasty Kitchen
Pioneer Woman
Food Storage
The Doctors
Cheese Making
Mexican Made Easy
Paula Deen

1 comment:

  1. Awww girl...hugs and hope you get some answers, and wen u do, let me know...

    ReplyDelete

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1