Thursday, July 22, 2010

I remember the 80's. Do you?

1. Teddy Ruxpin - The first talking stuffed animal.
2. Bengals : Walk like an Egyptian – I had this tape and would rock out while cleaning horse stalls. Yes, I could walk like an Egyptian.
3. Gremlins – Remember the movie with Stripe the ‘bad’ gremlin who would always party. Man that guy could hit it hard! My favorite line from the wise old oriental man “With mogwai comes much responsibility.”
4. Ray Bans – Mine were purple and hot pink.
5. US Hockey team plays Russia at Lake Placid and wins!! Yay!!!
6. Mary Lou Rhetton – Super gymnast, I spent many hours in gyms watching my sister compete, she even had a MLR leotard!
7. Hungry Hippos – Great game, taught us all about greed, until your hippo got stuck!
8. Member’s only jackets – with a neck snap! Need I say more?
9. Break dancing – Yes, I could break it down a little.
10. Wacky wall walkers – Most amazing waste of money ever, kinda creepy and terrible texture but very entertaining!
11. Where’s the beef? – Remember that old lady that would say it on the commercials?
12. Moe town & Michael Jackson – Running in the morning with my Mom to the Thriller album… in the dark… on a ranch with wild animal… Yeah, I was brave.
13. Pac Man & Pac Man Fever – I liked Mrs. Pac Man, she was so cute with the bow. Unfortunately, I wasn’t very good.
14. Tetris – you would not blink for a half hour and later on, you are playing it in your head. You would see patterns all over!
15. Nintendo Game Boy – Mobile Tetris, what could be better?!
16. BIG hair & Aqua Net – Wow, I could share some really great pictures. My sister taught me all about teasing hair and spraying the heck out of it!
17. Lee Press on Nails – All the girls wanted these and all of our Moms said NO!
18. Human League: Don’t you Want Me? - Don’t you want me woahooo… Great for those school dances.
19. Rubik’s Cube – Save time, just take the darn stickers off.
20. Whip it by Devo – You must whip it. Whip it good! – Ugh! Not so good for the school dances!
21. Back to the Future - Best movie of the 80s. Had to go exactly 88 mph. Note: this does not work in my truck, the only place it takes you is the side of the road with a ticket.
22. Scratch and sniff stickers - Some were very accurate, some not so much. And Who makes a skunk sticker? Why would you ever do that???
23. Traper Keeper - 1st generation of binders for OCD.
24. Richard Simmons – Not to be confused with Gene Simmons…
25. Cher: If I could turn back time. I encourage you to google the video and check out the outfit. Can I just say - WOW! Way too much skin.
26. Prince Charles and Princess Di - A goober and a... well, princess.
27. Leather pants - ummm, no... not cool... ever! Unless they are chaps over wranglers; then yes, as often and as much as you want. Please?
28. Monster Trucks are born - Redneck heaven. I am still in heaven. Love it!
29. Mcgyver - The man was hot and could do it all.
30. The Mullet....

On that note, I'll close. What do you remember from the 80's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~Hebrews 11:1